When UNEP – les entreprises du paysage (France’s National Union of Landscape Gardeners) and Hopscotch published a list of France’s greenest cities, the agency recommended developing infographics to present key results and indicators through data visualisation.
The aim was to create an easy-to-use media communications tool targeting political decision-makers and the general public that highlighted the importance of parks and city gardens. Results:
- Unprecedented media coverage for UNEP with over 250 media reports and an audience of over 260 million contacts
- Infographics reused around 20 times in online media
- Over 6,700 visits to UNEP's dedicated web page
- Improved natural referencing for UNEP on the "villes vertes" (green cities) theme
- Nearly 2,000 tweets using the hashtags #Villesvertes and #Villeverte